Who else bought resistance bands when the gyms closed?
Back in March when gyms and fitness studios starting closing down, one of our first priorities was to get some at-home workout equipment. I know we were not the only ones because a lot of the equipment was sold out or on back order. We got resistance bands that we love and use for pretty much every workout. Since we got them, I have been using them to mimic exercises that I did at the gym with machines or free-weights. So this week, I decided to look into some formal resistance band workouts. And the result is this post on resistance band videos for any level!
33-Minute Full Body Resistance Band Workout – Tone Up and Get Stronger
- Easy to follow – this makes it good for those new to resistance band exercises
- Provides detailed instruction and cues throughout
- Timer and progress bar were accurate and cleanly displayed
- His enthusiasm and energy is lower than other fitness videos
- The first set of each exercise was clunky for me because I did not know which weight/band configuration I needed yet
Full Body Resistance Band Home Workout | 20 Minute Real Time Circuit
- Nice variation of exercises that were challenging and worked the entire body
- Music/no talking format allowed me to just pull up the video and follow along
- Again, easy to follow and had smooth transitions between each exercise
- The introduction was strange; she was just standing in front of the camera and doing a voiceover. Because of this, I did not know what to think at the beginning
- No modifications provided for easier or harder versions
10 Minute Full Body Workout (Resistance Bands)
- Short with no repeat exercises so has variety
- Exercises target the whole body
- Another good video to pull up and follow along without thinking much
- No transitions, introduction, or closing left me uncertain of what would come next and what to expect. This made it difficult to know which band I needed
- Music/timer stopped and then started again in the middle of the video. Then I think it stopped again later…
- No cues or modifications provided
I hope you enjoyed my thoughts on these resistance band videos for any level!
Check out the rest of my blog for more fitness motivation, tips, and suggestions!